home > chamber of commerce> Chamber of Commerce history

1808 The Chamber of Commerce foundation

Main view Giuseppe Bonaparte

The Chamber of Commerce of Naples was instituted by Giuseppe Bonaparte with law n. 102 on the 10th of March 1808. The laws concerns 10 articles grouped in tree titles. In the first of them there are some norms about the formation of the chamber, composed by 9 components, by one Intending of the province who is the president, and from a secretary named by the king. In the second title it is regulated the way the "nine components among the best exponents of whole sale dealer class, or change, our natural or became natural subjects, who have house of commerce in Naples".
In the third title the Chamber's task and the functions are determined which has only the "consulting faculty". Therefore this first Reign of Naples Chamber of Commerce must present to the Government "the views about the practical ways, and facts, with the aim to grow the prosperity of Commerce" and in particular to let Know " the causes which interrupt the progresses and the resources means, that can repair"; to take care about the organization of a Stock exchange and to represent "above all everything concerning the favour and the right of commerce in the contraband laws"; and to be listened about the general weight and measures of the Reign formation to form a common final purpose." Among the chamber's tasks there is also that to express some opinions "above every other objects that are envied by our Ministers, and where we will think there will be practical and territorial opinions of the capital commerce". The chamber is charged, with an Assembly composed by his members and 27 merchants, that the Intending presides over, and to form a triple participation list among those shoppers, were have been chosen by the King as judges of the Commerce Tribunal of Naples.

The Chamber of commerce of Naples was born, therefore, as a consulting organ of government about themes of commerce and traffics, and the prosperity of commerce is his main interest. The organizing pattern of the Stock Exchange is like the French one written in the Napoleonic code and extended to The Reign of Naples. According to this pattern, the Commercial Stock Exchange represented the Chamber of merchants, the captains of vessels, the change agents and mediators. From the mediations made by this Stock Exchange, were determined, and recognized, from the change and mediators, the change courses, of goods. Of insurances, rents and of the price of the transport over land and sea.
In the first year of his activity the chamber of commerce of Naples didn't have an easy life, because it lack every thing necessary to develop his activity, and most of all, it did not have the financial means and a site. For more of two months the Chamber was forced, therefore, to have the office-the bureau- and to develop his sections in the secretary house. There have been waited the 26th of February 1810 to see with the decree n. 572 that a found for the maintenance of the office was constituted, which must have been the Monte dei Poveri Vergognosi, in Toledo Road- destined to be the Chamber seat.

1817-1860 The consulting chamber of commerce - ^top


The principal Neapolitan industry exhibition hall of 1853
(Lithography of S.Fergola picture-s.Martino museum)

The 11th of March 1817 the chamber of Commerce of Naples was instituted ex novo and transformed, leaving averting in the original way, in a consulting Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber now depends directly from the secretary of State the Home Affairs from minister. The preservation of the Commerce code, took, obviously, the unchanged continuation of the Commerce Exchange activity, or course exchange. Both the consulting Chamber of Commerce and the Neapolitan exchange continued to have their seat in the Monte dei Poveri Vergognosi palace, in Toledo Road n.341. In 1824 the consulting Chamber of Commerce and the course exchange passed by the Monte of the Poveri Vergognosi Congregation building to the Ministers Palace, that Ferdinand of Bourbon had built in the past. If we consider the specific consulting rule managed by Chamber and the huge number of organisms and offices that consulted it, through ministers or directly( from the royal Customs and stocks of goods, from the council's contracts of the royal Marine to the military contracts of the general council, from the contentious Agent and the Royal of Salts, from the Department of Military sustain to the bridges and streets general direction- it is not easy to arrive to a complete classification of the work conducted in this period by it and about the activities carried out. By the large net of relationships, we can take and exam those, for the sustain and develop of economy, the Chamber has with organisms that, such as the Exchange, carry out a permanent action on the traffic and merchant field: banks, harbour and custom. We can also consider the activity of particular sectors such as, for example, those of cereals, oils, fishing and silk commerce. Finally we can analyze the Chamber of Commerce work, through the great number of his demonstrations. These could be resumed : 1) the Chamber opinion about large views thought like the current rate of exchange on a determined period, 2) the opinion about the capital societies and their statutes and the initiative to promote 3) the interpretation of particular documents, such as, for example the consistency and validity of the offered title by traders to grant other third contracting obliged by the Government for the goods and services supplied4) judges about people who must manage important tasks, and if necessary, like for the change agents ant the commerce operators also their election.5) a judgement on the controversies coming under his examination.
In this period the Chamber of Commerce gave most of his attention to the meal trade, and to his discipline, to his development and therefore, to the institution of the same law instruments that made the traffic easier, and in particular: the commodity order. At the same time it tried to solve the serious problem of the ruling of meal import.
The institutional position of the Consulting Chamber rendered it the natural consulting organ of the government and ministers about economy and his best growth, even in Home Affairs than in Foreign Affairs; during this activities it have been compared to our nowadays Work and Economy National Council, with some other elements because it suggested also the main conveniences to respect on the stipulation of commercial tractates and gave a judgment about to built some consulates seats abroad.

1860-1900 The provisory Council of Commerce - The Chamber of arts and Commerce - ^top


Harbour, buildings and lamp ofl Punto Franco (Alinari)

The Bourbonnais Consulting house of Commerce was dissolved with the 9th January 1861 n. decree from the general lieutenant of the southern Italy King. Luigi Carlo Farini. At his place, with the same powers, a provisory Commerce Council was instituted, and it had to rule until the new Chambers of Commerce Had has been elected with a new ordainment. Among the components there were bankers, business men than dialled with, insurance operators, ship owners, and wholesaler and detail sellers.
The warning of the currency problems and for everything concerning the Exchange was constant, and its care was considered one of the principal responsibilities of the Council.
With the law n. 680 of 6th July 1862 were created, over all the unified reign, the Chambers of Arts and Commerce, whose area, the seat and the components number were chosen considering some royal decrees previously issued. For the Chamber of Naples. In a decree of 28th October 1862, it is indicated just a new order while a further measure determines the 21 members of the assembly. The new institution has two new different characteristics. One is the electivity of his components, including the President who has a full autonomy; and the second was the extension of his tasks to the industrial field, because the Chambers had the purpose to "promote" and "represent to the government" the commercial and industrial interests of their area. These institutes, must in particular, in addition to other ancient tasks, to have at their dependence the commerce Exchanges, ruling the powers given from the low about the agents of change, mediators and experts and to form the list of those eligible to the charge of Tribunal of commerce judges; to present to the government the proposals and the information's that they will judge useful to the traffic, to arts and crafts, giving their opinion on the means to grow the commercial and industrial prosperity, underlining the cause obstructing it and the resolution means; to write and public each year a report to the Agriculture, Industry and Commerce Ministry" above the commerce and arts statistic and trends of their area".
The chamber has also the faculty to establish and direct offices for the season and essay of silk, and to obtain from the Ministry of Agriculture special tasks concerning the Commerce, and the administration of public shops, to sustain, by its own or with help of the government, of the Province or the municipality to the institution and maintenance of school that teach sciences applied to commerce and to arts. Among the faculties given to the Chamber of Commerce, coming from a more democratic thought were both that to analyze common interest's industrial and commerce questions, than that to "convoke in a general assembly specific elector's categories of the Chamber District to examine industrial and commercial general interest's matters2.
In this period the Chamber is particularly involved following the events linked to the harbour's efficiency and security.
In 1886 the Chamber of Art and Commerce took the initiative to form a Chamber of arbitrage, composed by Arbitration Court with the task to examine and solve the contestations between sellers and buyers of different goods such as cereals, seeds an liquid, valid for export and import goods. The Court is at a first moment in three sections, one for the Cereals; one for the Seeds, and one for the Liquids. Subsequently another for the Leathers is added to the other. The Court is composed by 12 arbiters for the cereals, 9 for the seeds, 9 for the liquids 7 for the leathers. Two of the three parts are represented by dealers, change agent and industrials, the remaining part by brokers. In the second half of1893 the same Chamber of Arts and Commerce had to elect an arbitration Court for the resolutions of every commercial matters, giving to a specific commission the charge to determine the institution' policy and procedures, guided by the title about the Compromise regulated on the civil procedure code. A particular regulation was approved on the 2nd 1895 giving birth to the Arbitrary Institute of Commerce. With the formation of this Institution, the Chamber tried to find an impartial and economical solution, ending the controversies, enjoying the experience, of techniques and pf the political sense of arbiters. Their rule was composed by 100 chosen members, from an expert committee, among people working in the commerce, industry, art and transport, brokers or bankers.
The Institute elected a presidential office that, when received an instance of action, tried the reconciliation of the parts. During this historical period the Chamber is very strong in caring about the merchant marine activity through the new lines of navigation opening, information , indications and opinions to the ministries interested, the analyse and the examination of the problems and norms concerning the navigation and maritime traffics.

1892 The new Exchange Palace - ^top


Inner the Exchange negotiation hall

The 14th 1892, after long and intense negotiations with the Balance Inspectorate and with the commission for the monuments preservation, the chamber of Commerce became the owner of the whole new n.51 block on the Balance floor which loaned on the new port circus, the nowadays Exchange Circus. In the purchase contract were specified that the area had to be used to build the palace destined to the Stock Exchange and to the other administrative and commercial functions, also not including single shops or houses used for private habitations.

The Chamber committed to complete the edifice, for the wall part, within twenty six months and for the exterior decorations within thirty two months from the consign date of the area. The whole zone purchased comprehended also the ancient S, Aspremo Chapel, it was obliged to:

1. to make a pronaos to the S. Aspremo Chapel in the space between the church and S, Asperno street at his attention end expenses under the Vice-president of the municipal monuments Commission;
2. to live an empty space on the Church's dome to allow the named dome more free;
3. To end the reductions and adaptation works and according to the planimeterical indications.

The Chamber was allowed to decide, when it had lived free the space over the dome, to "built over the same Chapel but in a way to don't damage the chapel and the beneath crypt". In the second half of February 1894 on the heavy fundaments ' platform the building become to raise and the works, ideated by the Architect Alfonso Guerra and engineer Luigi Ferrara, were completed the 28th of October 1897

In their first utilization the building's rooms had the following destination: The Exchange occupied, obviously the big central hall in which its fundamental operations were managed, while the lobby was destined, in the evening hours, to the so called "borsino" (little exchange). The lateral rooms were used to the change agents and brokers reunions, to the Exchange deputation, to the trade union, therefore to those services useful to the Chamber help in its functions. (Mail and telegraphic office, telephone, reading and writing rooms,) for change agents, in the middle floor, twenty two offices had been created; the remaining part was destined to bank's seats and more than the half had bee already located by the Bank of Naples. At the second floor the chamber of Commerce had its seat both for the presidential and representation rooms, both for the offices mostly used. A monumental Library was built and the half of the attic was used as an experimental chemical laboratory managed by the same chamber. Some rooms for a new archaeological museum.

Were reserved. The inauguration of the new Exchange palace was on the 29th, 30th and 31st October 1899, with demonstrations that claimed the whole Neapolitan attention. These demonstrations begun with the archbishop cardinal Prisco benediction with the on. Antonio Salandra, the Agricoltural Minister, industry and Commerce.

The Chapel and the Crypt of S. Aspreno - ^top

The very ancient s.Aspreno chapel, included in the Exchange palace building inside, took the name from the first archbishop of Naples, Asperno that had the archbishop charge for 33 years, at the time of the Clemente, Anacleto, Evaristo popes and Traiano and Adriano emperors.
The legends, tells that had been consecrated by S.Peters when he, stopping in Naples, had celebrated a Mass on that altar which, with the capitals is individuated by tradition as coming from the S.Pieto Aram. It is also narrated that S.Aspreno had celebrated the Mass at the apogee of the actual little church dedicated to his memory. From the little Church through 13 steps you can go down and see where, according to the legend, the ancient Neapolitan archbishop had celebrated the Mass and, even lived in. it is easy comprehensible that the little S.Aspreno chapel still existed in Byzantium times, around the sixth century o more later, isolated on the beach venerated by fishermen and that the growing soil, after the town expansion to the see, had completely changed the original condition of it , transforming the Chapel which used an ancient thermal ambient in a "crypt".

1900-1943 The last decade of the Chamber of Arts and Commerce. The Commerce and Industry Chamber. The provincial Council of Economy. The provincial council of Corporation Economy. The provincial Council for corporations - ^top


Chamber of Commerce

Until the first years of the twentieth century the Chamber of Arts and Commerce of Naples was forced to solve, in its inside and his action some situations and events , begun in the last nineteenth century. Among this problem there was the individuation of the new Exchange construction's expenses, and at a general view, the keep on of the Neapolitan economic revival.
The contribute, given by The Chamber of commerce and arts of Naples in this period, and the action carried out by the government were to improve the marine services were remarkable. Therefore in this period the Chamber took care about the re organization of the Library.
Therefore in this period the Chamber took care about the re organization of the Library.
With law n.121 of 20th march 1910 the reign Chambers of commerce were reorganized, according to this norm, they took the name of "Chambers of Industry and Commerce", considering the term Industry more important because it meant a more and more expanding and increasing sector. The reorganization concerns the territorial base of councils and chambers. The purposes imposed by the 1892 law were unchanged, but it is stated that "the commercial and industrial interests" to be represented are those of the "own district "and that the Chambers could assure their growth" in harmony with those economic and general nation' interests". With the new legislative measure were given to the Chambers of Commerce and Industry some tasks which, on a general view, were more precisely but not different from those previewed from the old law. Among the new and more important tasks they had to denounce and register the accusations, that according to the same law, must had been by everyone, both individually or in a group , for shops, trade and industry; to complete the periodic list of their district commercial uses and habits; that to form some market reports and to live the attestations; that authenticate merchants ' signs entered in the firm Register, to certificate the admissibility to the concurrent sharing the contract tenders, to release goods certificates about the origin, and legitimacy testimonials to commerce travellers. Its old occupation, such as the faculties regarding the Stocks Exchanges, or for the installation and administration of silk assay and seasoning plants, the Chambers of Commerce and Industry could at that moment , with the competent minister authorization, direct and manage and administer: museums, compensation rooms, general store houses and similar places, therefore to create encouraging prizes and some societies with the aim to improve industry and commerce. The principal organs of the chambers of commerce and Industry were: The Chamber Council composed by counsellors elected for four years and in a number included to 11 and 31; the president, elected b the Council and that took the charge for two years.
The royal decree of 8th of may 1924 n. 750, which takes its name from the proponent minister Orson Corbin, started a transformation process of the central institute that stated a large part of its own actual characteristics. The Corbin Decree gave a more precisely conception of the chambers ' institutes public functions giving exactly their tasks: to express opinions and give information's to the central authority, consulting organ in matters regarding industry and commerce, in acting such as industry and commerce statistic movement provincial observer. In addition new rules made it new for example the faculty by law "promote the arbitration courts formation for the commercial and industrial matters 'solutions and the assignment to the Chambers of some powers that had given, before, to Prefectures and sub prefectures, from the laws and rules concerning factory's and marks projects and models, factory's distinct signs or international marks. In response to this new elements the state control became more sensible and the ministerial approval acts list increased, adjoining the chamber's rules and the loan lending. The law concerning the chamber' organs structure brought the main changes, firstly stating at 40 the council members 's maximum number, then dividing the council itself in two or three sections ( industrial, commercial, maritime) and finally creating the Junta, composed by, according to the Chamber rules from five to nine members.

During this period the Chambers dedicated most of his attention regarding the reorganization, the port of Naples development and traffic; both taking care about of prices and final and assessment works; both taking part in the railway service and improving the landing-places. Even the custom rates were valid objects of its warnings.

The chamber's transformation process was concluded in his first part with the law 18th April 1926 n. 731 that stated the provincial Councils of Economy, allowing the confluence in itself of the main tasks and administration of the Chambers of Commerce and agricultural province Council. The council members were elected by trade-unions and the employers, and the president of the council.

Is the Provincial prefect and there is also a vice-president (named by the National Economy Minister) to whom the effective institute guide is committed. With the following law of 16th June 1927 n. 1071, near the Councils the economic provincial offices were established, which represented the increasing state influence and control. According to this law the offices were strictly under the national Economy minister dependence, took care about its acts execution and measures and promote, under its directions, the economical development of the province. Therefore they had also the function of the economical provincial councils 'secretary offices. Then the law of 18th June 1931 stated and changed the institute denomination in provincial Council of Corporation economy and the corporation economies provincial Office. Finally a unique text in 1934 reorganized all this loyal measures in a unite text. In the second half 1937, the loyal decree of 28th April 1937 n.524, changed the provincial Councils of corporation economy 's name in provincial Councils of corporation growing in the organ's formation and membership the suborder to the royal government characteristic.


1944-1967 The Chamber of Commerce rebuilding - ^top


After the Fascism fall, when the corporation organs were dissolved, while a Badoglio government circular restored the provincial Council of economy for the provincial Councils of corporation, the Neapolitan Institute was committed to the industrial man Paolo Signorini. The twelfth of September, the German anger brought is fury in the University, scattering the blood of innocent victims, hitting even the Stock Exchange Palace, putting and exploding a mine under the first floor hall, where the commercial register books were conserved. Luckily the explosion destroyed only the floor, and the correspondent on the upper one where the Center of southern studies documents were conserved and destroyed quite as whole. After came the difficult and heroic four liberation days and the 4th of October the town became free.
With the ally military Government measure on the 10 December 1943 the provincial Council of economy was suppressed. This measure was in contrast with that, after the allies landing was happened in Sicily where the Chamber of commerce had been spontaneously rebuilt. Eventually with the 21st September 1944 decree, the provincial offices and councils of economy were suppressed and the "Chamber of Commerce of Industry and Arts" was restored in every provincial main towns with the task to coordinate and to represent the province's industrial, agricultural and commercial interests, therefore to execute the functions and the powers granted by the loyal rules, that had until that time committed to the suppressed Councils of economy. The measure previewed the constitution of a Council with administrative functions, whose formation was and the election rules had to be regulated with further dispositions; this Council might had in its inside, the president and the vice-presidents. In reality until the law n.589 of 1996, concerning the chamber system, the Chamber's administration was committed to the Junta composed by president, appointed by the minister of Industry and Commerce and by four members appointed by the prefect, with the minister of industry and commerce approval, chosen among dealers, industrial men, farmers and workers.
During the same period in which The Chambers of Commerce were rebuilt a provincial office of commerce and industry, was restored, it had the task to care about the ministry acts and measures, therefore to underline and signal the provincial economy movement, making the other functions committed by laws.

The 23rd 0ctober 1945 the Junta approved the regulation for the formation of a provincial economic consultation composed by 49 members representing the categories interested in agriculture, commerce, to maritime traffics and to handicraft and by 23 technical members. The consultation in its whole corresponded to a more formal and large contact between, the economic operators base and the organism's vertex that, in the economic field, had as its principal purpose to act quickly and concretely. Sections responded to the Chamber's need had to discuss and to go in deep the economy problems, an economy that was becoming in its periphery's forms, was more and more different. In 1960 the economical consultation took the characteristic which had signed it for a long time. Therefore in that period a Consulting measure of the Junta increased the members to 122 and ruled the constitution of other sections: transports, communications, tourism credit and insurance.
The Chamber's activity in that period was constant and careful, as the observer of the general economic trend in Campania. The two sections of agriculture and industry were very active in their promotion of the local development. The meeting organized with the presence of the main exponents of Italian entrepreneur and politic class were successful and numerous.
With the aim to give most impulse to the unification to the regional economic development's exam and to its solutions, on the 16th December 1964 Chambers of Commerce of Avellino, Benevento, Caserta, Naples and Salerno formed the Campania Regional Union of Chambers of Commerce.

1967-1978 A difficult and hard-working decade, The new Merchandise Stock Exchange Palace - ^top


longitudinal section of the Goods Stock Exchange building

With the decree n.45 of the 25th January 1968 the regulation of the economical provincial Consultation was brought up to date, and the Consultation was divided in three sections: commerce, credit and Insurance, Industry; Marine, Transports and Communications and Tourism and a special section for the export field. The whole section activity of the Consulting is intense. The agricultural section of the Consultation carried out an activity directed to sector's problems such as the healthcare and the provincial zootechny improvements, while more attention is given to the viticulture discipline or the cooperation development, or in , particular like the fight against the olive tree smoke in the sorrentine peninsula.
Even the forest sector was the object of many actions, while in the zootechnyc field a great attention was given to the discipline and therefore to the control of the stud-farm and to the sustain to the society of stud-farm stations owners. Therefore the relation with the problems between agriculture and industry were pursued as same as the others. A specific committee probed the complex relationships between agriculture and canning industry, while the constitution of a commercial flowers wholesale market the agricultural section dealt also with the wines 'provenance of origin and had for principal purpose the about us' pulverization problem' exam.

Even the handicraft's section had the sustain of the committee and the structures which in proper chamber's office had their governmental instruments. These organs activity was pursued both at a provincial level than to the regional one creating some lists, with the healthcare national cash management, with the organization of meetings, exhibitions and festivals. The industrial section carried to the laws concerning southern regions industrialization, taking its exam both to the problem of financial incentives, to the social responsibility. Unless important was the action promoted by the home commerce section to carry out the complex tasks and in particular to everything was due to make this sector's economic operators in the best condition, for their work. The activity managed by the export commerce section was directed, in conformation with the exigencies of that time, trough the change activity promotion and in particular toward the export.

In this view two particularly relevant initiatives were proposed: that of the formation of a Campania and Molise interregional operating centre promoted with the two regions Chamber's of Commerce consent. The maritime Section finally, turned its attention toward the heavy and more increasing problems caused by the organization and the structuring of the port of Naples.


The Goods Stock exchange

During this period the building of the Goods Stock Exchange palace was ended. The competition of the maxim project was announced, and the first prize was assigned to the project identified with the "Sagittarius" sign, the 30th of 1965 was assigned to the executive project charge, resting the architectonic project and the integral relative projaect in the hands of professor Michele Capobianco, to arch. Riccardo Dalisi , to arch. Massimo Pica Ciamarra. During the April 1967 the tender was instituted fixing the works 'ending term on the march 1971. The works were carried out by the de lieto General s.n.c. constructions enterptise. The works ended on the fixed term and the building running was by grades, step by step when the constructing enterprise made rooms, box, and other part of the building offices available therefore at the end of April 1971, the negotiation of cereal, oil, wine and coffee by products could be sent, from the old seat in Mercato dei Grani street to the new building. The Goods Exchange palace, situated in Corso Meridionale 58, was one of the most important expressions of modern Neapolitan architecture.
The official inauguration of the new building took place the 29th November of November 1971 with the Minister of Industry and commerce intervention, sen. Silvio Gava , of the president of regional Junta and avv. Mancino and the prefect dott. Fabiani.
With the decree n. 446 of 8th September 1972 the CESVITEC "Centre for the technological promotion and development of southern little enterprises" was instituted with the favouring opinion of the southern Italy extraordinary interventions minister. It is a chamber' special about us with the purpose to make easier the little about us of the south to the new technological problems in which the economic outline is linked to technical characteristics. The about us is managed by an Administration Council presided over by a president elected for a determined time of the Chamber of commerce. The CESVITEC, during these years, carried an intense promotional activity in the research applied to Industry, realized studies and researches concerning the productive southern structure, and the some sectors development perspectives, with the aim to construct a system able to give an assistance program to the interested in about us; therefore the whole of the training activities realized in 1973,1974, 1975, 1976, certificate the active presence in a sector strictly linked to the industrial improvement.
To help the economical system exigencies, , such as the Neapolitan one, that requested organs and services more and more directed and qualified to be always able to simplify and to define the commercialization procedures, in 1974 the Junta took two important decisions. That to institute a an arbitration Chamber; that to form a new institute for the exploitation and the defence of regional products (IRVAT) " this institute, a Chamber of commerce's and the Campania development body' s organ, had its seat in the Chamber of Commerce of Naples and his purpose was to co-ordinate , when it is really necessary to exploit and defend regional products, both pursuing their typical aspect, their quality and differentiation of productions, both favouring their circulation and the introduction in the home and foreign markets, both assisting the no profit enterprises.
With a protocol of entente the 10th December 1975 the Italian Association for Arbitrationand the arbitration Chamber decided to collaborate for the " an Arbitration service operating in international controversies realization , to be available to every economic operators of the Chamber of Commerce of.Naples and from anyone was requesting the Arbitration chamber help.

Con un protocollo d'intesa firmato il 10/12/1975 l'Associazione italiana per l'arbitrato e la Camera arbitrale presso la Camera di Commercio di Napoli decidono di collaborare per la "realizzazione di un servizio di arbitrato nelle controversie internazionali, da mettere a disposizione di tutti gli operatori economici della Camera di Commercio di Napoli e di chi altro si rivolga alla sua Camera arbitrale."

The law 580/93 about the chamber's system reorganization - The Register of enterprises - ^top


The ancient centre of Naples and on the bottom, the Directing Centre buildings

It was necessary the reorganization low of the chamber's system n.580 0f 1993 to obtain a whole of norms able to give a new institutional order to the Chambers of Commerce. As result to this law the Chamber of commerce was considered an autonomous and elective body of provincial public law which carried out the function of enterprises support and promotion, in addition they respecting the competences committed by the Constitution and by the State laws to regional and national administration, function that concern the administrative and economical studies regarding the enterprise system. In particular the sixth sub-section of the 589 law article give the fulfilment to the Register of enterprises already written in the civil code whose organization discipline was established by the regulation of the D.PR. 7/ 12/1995 n.581.
The chemical and technical laboratory of Naples, created in 1938 with the aim to control goods coming from Italian colonies, from 01/ 01/ 1996 it had been transformed in Special About us of Chamber of Commerce of Naples. The about us is equipped and structured in a way to offer a vast number of services to consumers among them the quality and control analysis in sectors like the territorial and alimentary, ecological, microbiological and industrial ones.
The chamber of commerce, adhering to an European Commission project, created in 1989 the first European window of southern Italy. The European window, created as a special Chamber about us, is part of thr Euro Info Centre European net. The Euro Info Centre net was created to improve the information and to improve the access to information, and to give assistance service in the home merchandise field and the other European policies destined to enterprises.
The Euro Info Centre of Naples aim is to give to the about us any necessary information about their productive growth and to offer them a quick link with the European Union initiatives and activities. Subsequently the European window has transformed at a regional level its organization structure with poles in every Campania Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber of Commerce of Naples stated from 1997 even a representing seat in Bruxel , formed with the purpose to create a preferential channel of contact with European Institutions.
The engagement taken by the Chamber's consists to assure a direct information flux and a technical assistance for a better communitarian resources use, therefore to represent the entrepreneurs and institutions interests of Campania toward the European Community.
From the 19th of February 1996 the new rooms had been opened, they were both at the Directing centre of Naples and destined as the actual Register of enterprises offices seats.

Bibliography - ^top

1. Giuseppe Russo, The Chamber of Commerce of Naples from 1808 to 1978, a presence in economy, edited by Giancarlo Alisio, ed. Chamber of Commerce of Naples, 1985
2. Pino Simonetti- Lucio Tisi, The Chamber of Commerce of Naples and the stock Exchange Palace, edited by Chamber of Commerce of Naples, 1987
3. The new Stock exchange of Naples, ed. Chamber of Commerce of Naples, 1971 source: CCIAA from the net.

Source: CCIAA from net


  1. 1808 The Chamber of Commerce foundation
  2. 1817-1860 The consulting chamber of commerce
  3. 1860-1900The provisory Council of Commerce - The Chamber of arts and Commerce
  4. 1892 The new Exchange Palace
  5. The Chapel and the Crypt of S. Aspreno
  6. 1900-1943 The last decade of the Chamber of Arts and Commerce. The Commerce and Industry Chamber. The provincial Council of Economy. The provincial council of Corporation Economy. The provincial Council for corporations
  7. 1944-1967 The Chamber of Commerce rebuilding
  8. 1967-1978 A difficult and hard-working decade, The new Merchandise Stock Exchange Palace
  9. The law 580/93 about the chamber's system reorganization - The Register of enterprises
  10. Bibliography
copyright Napolishopping 2004

hublot replica sale
rolex replica sale
audemars piguet replica sale